Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Deutsche Welle - Amongst the Finest Media Organizations in the World

My recent visit to Bonn in Germany, fulfilled a long-cherished dream, of visiting Deutsche Welle. Ever since I was in school, I remember hearing a lot of conversations around Deutsche Welle (DW), from my teachers and seniors. Most of these conversations, as far as I remember, would revolve around the program content of DW radio and its knack for authentic and humanistic reporting.

I was in Deutsche Welle to interview professionals of the New Media department. My meeting was scheduled with Ms Julia Hildebrand of the New Media department who gave me a comprehensive understanding of DW. This, Julia followed, by treating me to a sumptous lunch in the Deutsche Welle canteen and a tour around the ship-shaped main DW building. As we strolled around I could see the radio and the TV studios and several groups of professionals inside glass rooms, engrossed in discussions. Must tell you I think I would love to be a part of DW someday, if ever I get an opportunity.

The Main DW Building in Bonn, Germany


With Julia Hildebrand of the New Media Department at DW




6 comments:

  1. Hey where are the pictures. Pls upload them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deutsche Welle has years of credibility. Its an open organization and embraces global culture. This could be one of the reasons for it being such as big name in the international media world.

    - Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Germans have high credibility in whatever they do. This I think makes them different from other Europeans. They are now more open and more vibrant. I love Germany and I feel you too will love this country now that you have seen and experienced it.

    Keep posting more photos and info...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Deutsche Welle programs. They are rich in information. But how is that building shaped like a ship that everyone talks about? Maybe have to go there to realize that. Anyway thanks for the update on DW.

    - Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never though DW is located in Bonn. This is surprising. Anyway, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love DW programs. They are wonderful. Want to visit it once and meet the professionals there.

    ReplyDelete